Thursday, December 15, 2016

Advent Day 15, | The Magic of a Mug of Cocoa (guest-poem!)



Ellie, from On the Other Side of Reality , received my invitation to do a guest-post, art-something, today.
Without further ado!
                                                      

                                                        The Magic of a Mug of Cocoa

congratulations, really -
you’ve officially ruined my love for christmas.
cause now i can’t hold a mug of cocoa
or murmur carols with cole and crosby
or put on my huge purple pom-pom hat
without thinking of you.
it’s hilarious, really -
you used to be the best thing about christmas.
but now i can’t doodle a snowman
or wrestle with tinsel
or shop for just the right present
without thinking of you.
but i’m done with it, really -
cause this morning i made myself a mug of cocoa
and drank it all without realizing
i was holding the very mug from which you used to drink
but the cocoa still tasted good.
so now i’m going to put on my huge purple pom-pom hat
and shop for just the right present
(for my dog, who’s more of a person than you ever were)
and murmur carols with cole and crosby
as they play over the loudspeaker at the mall
and then i’m going to come home and wrestle with tinsel
and draw a snowman for my dog
and i’m going to curl up in front of the fire
and drink so many hot cocoas i nearly get sick
(cause nothing will ever make me as sick as thinking of you).
so congratulations, really -
you’ve officially reignited my love for christmas.






~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are most welcome to comment, indeed, i wish you would.
Comment. Now....