Naomi's hosting a super awesome week of events at Wonderland Creek.
Check it out and follow closely with her posts! They're pretty awesome so far. =D
So without further ado, Jane Austen Week Tag!
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Jane Austen fan do you consider yourself?
Oh my. I'm a pretty loyal Janeite. I love all things regency, and I've read quite a few of the novels, and watched all but two of the film adaptations!
I long to attend the Jane Austen Festival...like that's one of my biggest dreams. XD Soooo eight and a half.
2. If "they" would make a new Jane Austen Movie, and you would be able to be cast in it, which Jane Austen character would you most like to play?
Marianne Dashwood. I knoooow that's kinda stupid. I just understand her, and it would be fun to act like her--like be her.
Or Lydia Bennet, honestly...fun.
OR MARY CRAWFORD.
I like the dramatic, the frivolous, and the rude!
3. Is there any felicity in the world superior to a walk?
Oh such simplicity as a walk in the evening or before a storm, there is no felicity superior to that. No indeed.
4. Who's your favourite Jane Austen 'villain'? (As in 'villain' meaning 'the bad guy.')
Favourite as in favourite--as a bad guy, or favourite as they inspire the desired emotion?
I hate Willoughby. I hate him most of all. I just hate him.
I think Henry Crawford, or just the Crawfords are my favourite villain(s).
I mean so charming and selfish. They are both so selfish.
5. What/Who introduced you to Jane Austen?
My older sister wanted to watch P&P '95, and I thought, omgsh I'm a grown-up now! I can watch grown-up things with my older sister! But all three of us girls ended up watching it.
We were all quite ridiculously in love with P&P after the first half of P&P.
6. Did you love/enjoy Jane Austen immediately, or has there been a time when you hated (um, prejudged) it?
Yes. I've always loved it. I was a janeite from the womb...even if I didn't know it at the time. XD
7. Who, in your opinion, is the funniest Jane Austen character?
Mr Bennet. He is hilarious in his Mr Bennet like why. He's witty and he puts up with his wife amazingly.
He does not get enough credit. =)
8. Do you quote Jane Austen randomly in public?
Yes. And everywhere. Be it from an adaptation, web or television, I am always quoting it. If people judge me...they must be one of those gentlemen or ladies who have no joy from a novel and therefore must be intolerably stupid!
9. Are children allowed to eat cake on weddings?
Totally. Totally. As for eating out of doors? I'm all for it. It will have to take more than an old and wise Woodhouse to keep me from cake!
10. What is your reaction when you hear that an acquaintance (e.g. A lady at Church) of yours loves Jane Austen?
OH MY GOSH ME TOO. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE NOVEL?
That subtle and everything.
11. Who writes better letters, Mr Darcy or Captain Wentworth? (If you forgot what the letters were, shame on you, instead tell me if you prefer Strawberries to Chocolate or not.)
Oh how am I to judge them? And who am I to say? Darcy's was stiff, you know how he is. Wentworth's was slightly stiff...but you know--ole Wenty is bae. XD
I'm vouching for his letter.
12. Which Jane Austen heroine do you relate the least to?
Jane Bennet? or Charlotte Lucas? One of those two.
I'm not sweet like Jane, and I have never been able to settle for anything less than the best--perfectionist much yeah?
It's hard to not try and relate yourself to JA's characters.
13. What's your favourite Jane Austen house (from one of the movies)?
Lol. Duh. just duh.
Though, Northanger Abbey 2007 wasn't a bad place either.
This is a hard question.
14. What's your favourite Jane Austen dress (from one of the movies)?
Lydia's pink ball gown from P&P '95. It also made a second appearance in Persuasion 2007!
|Polka-dot thingy on the left.|
Or Marianne's orange evening dress.
Mum and I made a dress similar to this for my first regency ball back in 2012 was it?
Oy I was a wee little person.
15. Can you turn off lit candles with your fingers?
I think so? I've always been a little scared to do it, but I think I might have done it once or twice. My Granddaddy does it all the time.
Well there you have it mortals! Now I must make sure I've got homework done for class tomorrow!