Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Ramble of Thoughts?

*giving your blogpost a title before you have a blogpost in hopes that it will inspire you to write something that matches the title.*

Good morning my (what should I call you lot? you come to Mannerbee to read my posts, Mannerbee is my home, so you are friends!)

Good morning Friends. :)
Spring has sprung. Which is a funny term, honestly. I say it as a joke, because there isn't really a spring that springs, but Spring seems to spring overnight, so--I suppose it does actually spring.

The Winter earth becomes prepared by the warm rain that pours down from the heavens...
 ...and then it happens.

The sun bursts from the clouds and shines down on the mucky rain-splattered mud, causing magic to happen. The little earth-fairies help raise the new grass from the dirt, inspire young flowers to shoot up, and encourage those bright green un-wanteds to pop up from the ground...they are pretty you must admit...even though they are weeds.


Then the actual flowers begin to open, smiling upon  the green grass and young little crawlies grinning from the ground. The spring bliss is fast-here, fast-gone in the South, it is over far too soon, the sun changes to an angle of scorching pestilence and the grass scorches, flowers wilt, and even the mud puddles become cracked and flakey from the heat.

That is in another month or so though, at present the Earth is awake and basking in the rays of the March sun, raising up the young creatures of the earth and supplying them with everything imaginable for a perfect, albeit short, childhood.

This Spring Spirit doesn't just happen outside the window, but also within. Easter is approaching, the celebration of our Lord Jesus's Resurrection from the grave.
And although the tendency to let the bunnies take over this season is prominent, the meaning of Easter is not forgotten.


Isaiah 53 1-7

1 Who has believed what he has heard from us?[a]
    And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For he grew up before him like a young plant,
    and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
    and no beauty that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected[b] by men;
    a man of sorrows,[c] and acquainted with[d] grief;[e]
and as one from whom men hide their faces[f]
    he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he has borne our griefs
    and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
    smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
    and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
    yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
    and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
    so he opened not his mouth.






Happy Easter, and Spring. :D May all of you have a wonderful Spring Break!

:)
~Jess




16 comments:

  1. Awww Anne this is such a lovely post!! :)
    <3 <3
    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's the vlog coming? and miss you so much!!!

      Delete
    2. My voice is almost back to normal. I wanted to wait until I can squeal like...yeah, squeal like a pig.
      Becausssssssssssse some of those questions need some answers that are, without a doubt, going to come with some squealing.

      Delete
    3. Yay!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

      Delete
  2. Great new deisgn too dear!! <3 it lots.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. XD I like it toooooo. It's different. I decided that different is good though, i've had roughly the same design for a year and a half or so and it needed some mixing up. :D

      Delete
    2. So pwetty!! and I love Peter Rabbit.. hmmmm I should redecorate for Autumn

      Delete
    3. HAH.
      Yesssssss. Autumn. That's super funny, I forget that season are different.
      That's totally awesome. IT'S MY TWO FAVOURITE SEASONS AT THE SAME TIME. :O

      Delete
    4. XD
      Heheheheh and indeed! OHMYGOSH yes!! :O
      Do you all day autumn or fall?
      E
      Sent from my iPhone

      Delete
  3. Fantastic writing <3.
    Up here we're still experiencing temps in the 50s and constant cold. :P Spring generally won't spring here 'till April or May.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! While that does sound absolutely amazing. (I LOVE IT when the weather is in the 50's!) I cannot imagine it being still chilly and un-springy in March!
      We usually get a little bitty cold-snap for Easter. That's always enjoyable. :)
      Thanks for commenting Ellie!

      Delete
    2. 50's!!?!?!?! ooooooooh *smacks forehead* farenheight

      Delete
  4. Happy Spring! :-) Your photos made me smile. Though I must say, I'm a wee bit jealous of your flowers and green leaves....I immediately thought, "she must live in the south." Yup. ;-P I live in NY and we're still rocking 30s temperatures and hints of snow on the air. :( But it will come!

    Oh my goodness, I LOVE your new design! I literally erupted in a series of delighted squeals when I saw the Beatrix Potter pictures. :-) Hmm, it makes me want to do a Beatrix Potter theme....
    And the first song on your playlist-- it's from that old Beatrix Potter video!!!! I've just been transported back to my childhood. Thank you. :-)

    Lovely post! Have a beautiful spring break!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes, I went kinda Bunny-nuts. Beatrix's works are my favouritest things in the spring. Particularly the ones with Benjamin Bunny. He's my favourite little guy.
      The Peter Rabbit music and I go far back too. XD
      I've learnt most of it on piano in desperate attempts to hang on to wee-childhood a little longer.
      (It never works...just gets extremely feelsy.)
      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  5. I love the post! Great imagery & strong language... a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh. Thanks Mon Pere.
      It ended up having a little more theme than most of my posts. :D

      Delete

You are most welcome to comment, indeed, i wish you would.
Comment. Now....